Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Valentines

I invited a couple of friends over last night to make Valentine Cards but, unfortunately, only one could make it. We still had a good time and made some cute cards. Here are the two cards I made:

I'm not sure what I think about this card. I don't hate it but I don't think it's in my "favorite" category. I love the embossed hearts in the background....hm....maybe it's just a bit plain for me? Who knows! Anyways, The embossed hearts were done with my SUPERB Cuttlebug machine (you really need to get this :) ) and the scalloped circles were made with paper punches. I put hot pink dots around the white circle to match the pink paper.



















I really like how this one turned out! I took a sheet of paper and stamped swirly lines all over it in red ink and then I ran it through my Cuttlebug to make the embossed swirls you barely see. I then cut the paper into thirds, mounted them on red paper. I wasn't going to put the "Love" on the front but I got some green ink on the card so I had to cover it up. Isn't it great when you can cover a mistake and no one knows? Those are metal heart brads that I used to secure the papers together.

No comments: