Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Teacher gift

I've been stressing on what to get my children's teachers for Valentines and I saw a sample of a decorated mailbox (you can buy them at Target) so I decided to give it a try. It actually wasn't that hard and it was even quite fun to do. Now I'll just fill it with candy and the kids can take it to school and give it to their teachers! Now I just have to work on what the kids will take to give their classmates.

Again, I didn't do any stamping on this project at all. It's all paper and ribbons. The piece of paper going around the whole mailbox is 4 inches by 12 inches. I put ribbon around the edges of the mailbox and then used my scalloped circle paper punch to make the little design for the flag as well as tied ribbons on it.




I used a coordinating striped paper to put on the front and back of the mailbox to break it up a bit. I put the lid down on the paper and traced it so that I knew the size of the lids. I do have to admit that because of my horrible free-hand cutting skills I did have to do this step a couple of different times.

2 comments:

My Many Coloured Days said...

Too cute! I'm glad we don't have the same teachers.

Camie said...

Perfect timing!! I had picked up a little mailbox at Target and I was going to decorate it for us to have here at home--thanks for the cute ideas!