Saturday, March 22, 2008

Praying

I was at my local craft store and found this stamp of the child praying in the clearance bin. The stamp is really large so I didn't know how well the image would actually turn out but it was so awesome!! I loved the stamp. I tried to be simple with my embellishments because I didn't want to take away from the picture.

(I stamped the image on white cardstock and then found a poem that I liked and printed it on vellum. I cut the poem out and placed it on top of the image and secured it on with black eyelets. I finished it off with the black and white ribbon at the bottom.)



Here's the poem that I used:

God, Make my life a little light, Within the world to glow;
A little flame that burneth bright, Wherever I may go.

God, make my life a little flower, That giveth joy to all,
Content to bloom in native bower, Although the place be small.

God, make my life a little song, That comforteth the sad,

That helpeth others to be strong, And makes the singer glad.

No comments: