Thursday, May 19, 2011

Family Birthdays

My kids are always asking when their cousins, aunts, uncles and Grandparents birthdays are so I decided that I need to make something to display everyone's birthdays and still make it fun for the kids. I was surfing craft blogs and came across the best thing EVER!!! I copied the idea, modifying it a bit and this is what it looks like:



















Each little person is member of our family (my husbands side as well as mine). The little letters above the row of people is the first letter of the month they were born in. The number underneath their name is the day they were born.
























I spray painted all the people with a cream color (for the skin) and then painted the dress on the girls and the pants & shirt on the boys with acrylic paint. The hair, eyes, their name and number is drawn on with a black sharpie. I then drilled a small hole in the top and bottom of the people and used a small rope to tie them together. That way, if I need to add another little person, I can just cut the rope and tie them together again.

3 comments:

Oklahomaredhead said...

That's a really neat idea. Great for people with big families. It helps keep track of b'days even for the adult!!

Barbara Burwell said...

What a great idea, bet the kids love it!

Lori said...

That is so cute Ally!!