Monday, October 1, 2012

Blankets and more blankets!!

So all of my kids LOVE to cover up with a blanket when they are watching TV. The problem is that when they're not watching TV there are blankets everywhere! I've been keeping my eye out on a quilt stand so I can hang all of the blankets on something when they are not in use, but I can't believe how expensive they are. Not only that, I just couldn't find one I liked........so.......I MADE MY OWN!!







I have a huge wood pile in my garage, so I grabbed some of my wood and went to work. I cut, sanded, cut again and then screwed it all together and stained it!! I am so dang proud of myself. I have never attempted something like this. I didn't have a pattern, just an idea in my head...and BOOM!! It worked :). Seriously, it's such an awesome feeling to finish an AWESOME project. 

No comments: