Thursday, January 24, 2008

For your eyes!

I have been an avid blog reader on TONS of paper crafting blogs and I have finally decided to start one myself. I love to make cards and other paper crafts but I don't do scrapbooks. The thought of scrapbooking overwhelms me to the point of having anxiety so I avoid it all together. I have been doing a little digital scrapbooking but I'm not sure where I'm going to go with it.

So my goal is to make at least 4-5 cards or other paper crafts and post them here so you can see them (feel free to leave a comment so I know if you like the projects or not). This will give me another excuse to find time to indulge in my hobby!! I have been making a lot of fun things the last couple of weeks. Here is a sample of some (you can click on the picture below to see a larger size):


I love colorful cards! This card is bright and fun. The flower pattern on the background is done with a roller stamp by Stampin Up'. I love there roller stamps! The three flowers in the front are from a paper punch and they are secured on the paper by three metal brads.




















While visiting my sister, a couple of weeks ago, I made this great family are project for a friend. Their last name is 'Mark' (just in case you thought it was a first name of a guy yet it was made with pink stuff :) ). I found a frame at the Good Will and spray painted it black. She absolutely loved it! The stick figures are actually stamps from Stampin UP' called 'All in the Family'.
















Is this the cutest thing you've ever seen? It was so dang easy to make, as well. First, I should say that I stole this idea another crafter and her creation is much better than mine (click here to see her book). Ok, so I got a small notebook from Target and covered it with decorative paper. The tabs on the side of the notebook were made with a round scalloped paper punch and then I cut it in have and glued the two halves together.

No comments: