Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Homemade Apothecary Jars

I've been wanting to get some apothecary jars to put on one of my shelves but I couldn't believe how expensive they were. So, I started visiting a butt load (is that an ok word to use?) of blogs and found tons of great ideas on how to make your own. I went to Hobby Lobby and found all the stuff I needed to make them. I LOVE Hobby Lobby!!!

Here's what what I used to make them:



















I used 4 round pieces of wood (two were larger than the others for the bottom), two wood candle stick holders. two mason jars, and two wooden finials I found at hobby lobby. I glued the stuff together, spray painted them black, and sanded the edges a little and VOILA....

























I don't know if I like the rocks in them or not but that's what will stay until I find something I really like to put in them. Both of these jars together cost me about $12. Isn't that great!!

2 comments:

Kim -today's creative blog said...

thank look great! Thanks for participating. Please add a link back to TCB. http://todayscreativeblog.net/

Tammy said...

Love how those turned out! I was looking at mine the other day and wish I had put a round circle under mine before I glued them to the candlestick holders. I am worried that they are not stable enough to put anything in!