Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Wall art

I have been struggling with thinking (or finding) ideas for decorating my girl's bedroom. They have white walls and nothing on them. Well one night while couldn't sleep I thought of a great idea!! I know....seriously....I was amazed myself. I very rarely come up with my own ideas. Most of my crafts have come from others ideas that I altered to my liking but this idea...well....it's ALL MINE!! It'd be my luck if it was actually done by someone else and I just don't know it. oh well, I'm going to share it with you anyway and hope that you like it!

I wanted something to bring a lot of color in the girls room and still stick with the "princess" theme they all adore. So here is what I came up with:



































































I used a 18' by 18' board and modged podged squares (I cut them 2' by 2') of paint samples to make the checkered design. At the end I had a little bit of the board showing on two of the edges so I decided to add a black border. Then I cut out silhouettes of Cinderella and Prince Charming, and Sleeping Beauty on my cricut using black vinyl and slapped them on the board. VIOLA!!!! SO DANG EASY!!

Whatcha think??

4 comments:

Tori said...

Such an amazingly cute idea! I love the colorful background with the simple silhouette. Great job!

Abi and Simon said...

This is really effective! I usually do my silhouettes on a plain background but this has really opened my eyes to another alternative!

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

Saw you on the one month to win it auditions. Cute project!

Angie Holden said...

LOVE paint chip projects!! Lovely! Thanks for auditioning for OMTWI!!